Service & Warranty
A Stair Lift Warranty that Will Work For You
With HME, you have two warranty options, the Standard Bruno Warranty, and the enhanced HME Platinum warranty. Under each warranty option, HME customers will have access to the 15 HME Bruno certified and factory trained installation team, and get the knowledge that comes with selecting Bruno’s largest Canadian stairlift installer. In addition, HME has an 18,000 SF warehouse in BC, with a large Bruno parts inventory available to ensure stairlifts are fixed quickly.
Basic Bruno Warranty
All of HME’s new Bruno indoor, outdoor, straight and curved stairlifts and Vertical Platform Lifts come with the Bruno Standard Warranty. Under this warranty, major components are covered for a period of 5 years, and labour is covered for 6 months from installation, (HME is the only company to do so.) Labour is charged at $195 for any and all service calls.
For your stairlift to operate correctly, it is recommended to have one service call each year to check the motor, re-grease and check the rail and to ensure the system is functioning smoothly. By not having the service check, you run the risk of the unit not operating optimally. Due to these requirements, most of our clients select the HME Platinum warranty below.
HME Platinum Warranty
The HME Platinum Warranty is a unique program offered by HME. Under the Platinum warranty, customers receive the 5 year warranty on components above, and the following additional benefits:
- Labour is covered for all warranty service calls for a 2 year period.
- A two-year annual service checkup is covered for a 2 year period.
- Guaranteed “front of line” access for warranty service and priority service booking
The HME Platinum warranty is available for $399 for the 2 year period. It is recommended you select this option to ensure you are covering the annual service checkups required for the unit (which is otherwise $195 per service call) and all warranty work is covered for a 2 year period (vs the basic of one year).
HME Warranty Terms
- HME Platinum Warranty must be purchased within 30 days of the stairlift installation
- HME Platinum Warranty covers from date of installation for 2 year period
- HME Platinum Warranty covers all warranty service calls and one-year annual checkup call. HME Platinum.
- HME Batteries subject to 3-month warranty.
- Warranty does not include shifts in unit over time, squeaking rollers or batteries on remotes.